I’d love to be sitting here telling you that one of my books has been accepted as a movie, but that hasn’t happened yet.
Nah. This post is about the new movies due out this year that I am looking forward to seeing (the ones in bold are the ones I can’t wait to hit theaters). There are several movies coming out, but here are the ones that made it to my top 12 list.
Here they are (in order of release):
- Black Panther – February 16
- Tomb Raider – March 16
- Lara Croft is the fiercely independent daughter of an eccentric adventurer who vanished years earlier. Hoping to solve the mystery of her father’s disappearance, Croft embarks on a perilous journey to his last-known destination — a fabled tomb on a mythical island that might be somewhere off the coast of Japan. The stakes couldn’t be higher as Lara must rely on her sharp mind, blind faith and stubborn spirit to venture into the unknown.
- Pacific Rim: Uprising – March 23
- Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, reunites with Mako Mori to lead a new generation of Jaeger pilots, including rival Lambert and 15-year-old hacker Amara, against a new Kaiju threat.
- Avengers: Infinity War – May 4
- The Avengers and their allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe.
- Deadpool 2 – June 5
- After surviving a near fatal knee boarding accident , a disfigured guidance counselor (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Poughkeepsie’s most celebrated French Bulldog breeder while also learning to cope with an open relationship. Searching to regain his passion for life, as well as a new stuffed unicorn, Wade must battle ninjas, tight assed metal men, and babysit a group stereotypical side characters as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and creative outlets for his very open-minded sex life. He manages to find a new lust for being a do-gooder, a sparkly Hello Kitty backpack, all while earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best 4th Wall Breaking Superhero.
- Trailer 1 Trailer 2
- The Incredibles 2 – June 15
- Bob Parr (Mr. Incredible) is left to care for Jack-Jack while Helen (Elastigirl) is out saving the world.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – June 22
- Four years after the destruction of the Jurassic World theme park, Owen Grady and Claire Dearing return to the island of Isla Nublar to save the remaining dinosaurs from a volcano that’s about to erupt. They soon encounter terrifying new breeds of gigantic dinos while uncovering a conspiracy that threatens the entire planet
- Ant-Man and The Wasp – July 6
- As Scott Lang balances being both a Super Hero and a father, Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym present an urgent new mission that finds the Ant–Man fighting alongside The Wasp to uncover secrets from their past.
- Venom – October 5
- Tom Hardy will play the villain of the title, a journalist who begins terrorizing Spider-Man and everyone else in New York after bonding with the alien lifeforce/suit known as the symbiote.
- Interesting notes: This movie will be rated R, and Spider-Man (Tom Holland) won’t actually be in it.
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix – November 2
- Jean Grey begins to develop incredible powers that corrupt and turn her into a Dark Phoenix. Now the X–Men will have to decide if the life of a team member is worth more than all the people living in the world.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crime of the Grindlewald – November 16
- Magizoologist Newt Scamander joins forces with wizard Albus Dumbledore to battle the devious Gellert Grindelwald in 1920s Paris.
- Aquaman – December 21
- Aquaman finds himself caught between a surface world that ravages the sea and the underwater Atlanteans who are ready to revolt.
What movies are you looking forward to seeing this year?